Thursday

Internet Down! How to tether for internet

Sigh. Internet down. Now I can't log on to World of Warcraft and I certainly can't look up recipes for organic garlic aioli. No sweat, I can bring it back up... I think?

Restart modem and router. Fail.

Restarting computer. Fail.

Working around in command prompt. More fail.

One agonizingly long phone call later (which, by the way is a longer queue than LFR tyvm), and the result is about as rewarding as one of those sacks of riches that passes as "loot" from bosses now: An automated message from my internet provider stating that they are having difficulties with internet service. No kidding?!?!

"Fix it now damn you I have stuff to do!"

Of course screaming at auto voice only results in bringing me back to the start of the automated menu. I may as well ask for the Ashes of A'lar mount to magically appear in my loot one day.

So what's a girl to do? Tether internet through my phone!

I plug in my USB from my phone to my computer.

Go to Settings, then Wireless and Networking.

From there I select Tethering and make sure my connect through USB is selected.

Now I am finally online, but it is slow. This will work in a pinch, and it will cost you your data. However this is a simple solution to an otherwise frustrating night. Just don't expect to top dps charts this way!

Well I guess that means I'm off to look up that recipe instead!

Cheers!

No comments: