Sunday

Fit Gamer?

I have a confession to make. I've been cheating on World of Warcraft... with another game.

Now I know it sounds like I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I mean, many gamers play more than just one game, right? Besides, WoW has lost subscribers to other up and coming MMOs and lil ol' me playing another game is not really blog worthy. Except this deals with something I'm pretty passionate about: fitness and a healthy lifestyle.

I once read an article in SHAPE magazine about how sitting for long periods of time can lead to blood clotting and other health risks related to poor circulation. Sure, gaming requires spending a large amount of time on your butt, but it doesn't mean a person is necessarily unfit. There are lots of games out there now that require movement and lots of physical activity. That's why I'm obsessed with Just Dance 4: I have fun and rack up mojo  while allowing me to get off my butt and get moving.

My favorite dance on JD4? "Maneater" by Nelly Furtado
If you are in vent with Lastknight and I'm not online, chances are you can hear me doing the dance thing in the background. Since I love dancing, but Lastknight does not; clubbing is pretty much out of the question. So Just Dance 4 has been my latest dance outlet. Of course, burning up to 1000 calories an hour doesn't hurt either.

What really makes JD4 rise above previous releases (besides the amazing dance selections) are the Just Sweat workouts. It's like you can customize your workouts based on your workout style and length.  Best of all, you can do as much or as little as you like. So if I'm feeling tired of farming and just want to get moving, I'll turn on JD4 and get my dance on.

Also from time to time I'll share quick exercise tips and healthy snack/meal options that are gamer-friendly. I think a big problem with people who just don't get enough exercise or eat healthy is that they don't have the time or just don't know how. Well, I'll share some of my tips with you now and then. Besides, what else will you do while you wait for your queue to pop?

No comments: