Tuesday

Naxx25 - Shadow Priest for Instructor Razuvious (Military Quarter)

Instructor Razuvious is best with two priests. Now, I have tried it as both Holy and Shadow spec, and I must say that going shadow for this fight is a must.

The two priests mind soothe the students then mind control them. Having the mind control glyph also helps, but I find that the bonus to shadow also greatly decreases the chance you will lose your mind control. I have done this fight many times with great success as a shadow priest with dps gear. It seems my bonus to hit rating helps (or could be my imagination), but I have brought down Instructor with my dps gear faster than my holy gear.

I was once summoned into Instructor since I knew the fight and have done it successful many times in the past. However, it was bad timing and my dual specs were Holy and Discipline (I was doing a lot of arena at the time). I figure, I could go in and do it without my shadow spec. Bad idea. I could not hold the disciples for more than a few seconds. We wiped twice before I had to go respec and get summoned back in.

So make sure you are glyphed, geared (hit rating seems to be important..), and in shadow form. Here is the strategy in short form:
  1. Both priests mind soothe.
  2. Mark disciples, since each priest will be in charge of two.
  3. The two tanks will tank the disciples that are not MC'd, and they are assigned to these.
  4. One priest will be the first to Shield then Taunt the Instructor. The other will just merely attack. When Shield Wall is 5 seconds from expiring, the other priest will Shield and Taunt boss off. Deadly Boss Mods is a great addon for notifying you when your shield wall is gonna be up.
  5. When mind control is about to expire, walk your disciple toward the back (near the tanks) and release them for the tank to taunt and hold. You will then grab the other disciple you are assigned to and mind control them. The reason why we switch disciples is mind control has a period where the MC'd disciple cannot be mind controlled again.
  6. Rinse and Repeat.
Note that in 10-man Naxx, priests are not required to mind control. There are crystals to control 2 disciples. Only with 25-man there is no crystals and there are 4 disciples. Questions on this fight? Post a comment!

No comments: