Wednesday

Patch 4.2 Pets and Mounts Preview on MMO-Champion

Patch 4.1 may have just been released, but MMO-Champion just announced the teasers for Patch 4.2! And since I'm a vanity pet collector, I thought I'd link the pics here so I can drool at my leisure. So far, no announcements as to where the Winged Lion Pet comes from, but they did release the model for it.

Winged Lion Pet from MMO-Champion

As for the adorable Dragonwrath Whelpling pet, it comes as a reward for completing Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest - Guild Edition (there is no page as of 5/4/2011, but I set the link as a placeholder in case it does appear). However, there is no absolute confirmation if this pet is indeed a reward or not. All we can do is wait and see.
Dragonwrath Whelpling pet

Other pets (and a new PvE mount) slated for release include:
Patch 4.2 PvP Mounts 
These mounts are slated as rewards for existing rated battleground achievements. Blizz hasn't announced which achievements are required as of May 4, 2011.  
Horde PvP Mounts, rewards for rated battleground achieves

Alliance PvP Mounts, rewards for rated bg achievements