Wednesday

Battle Pet: Twilight Iguana

In silence, I fly over the still waters that has engulfed the Thousand Needles and marvel at the destruction. The Cataclysm brought upon us by Deathwing has submerged the once parched canyon, rendering it virtually unrecognizable. Though I have passed by here many times in my travels, expediency has never allowed me a chance to really look... To remember...

I am hit by a sudden sense of loss as I pass over what was once the Shimmering Flats. Memories and regrets float to the surface. No more races. No more diamond dust sand. No more melting ice cream. I sigh and continue on my way.

The sun will set soon, and if I am to catch the Twilight Iguana, it would be best if I hurry.

I make my way to the cliffs; careful to avoid being spotted by nearby enemies. The Twilight camp is on the next rise, and there are sentries everywhere. Hoshiko, my Celestial dragon and faithful companion, snuffles as she is alerted by movement nearby. I tell her to ignore the scorpid, battle will come soon enough.

Sure enough, as soon as the reds and oranges of the Thousand Needles bleed into sand the color of angry bruises, I see my quarry. The Twilight Iguana blends easily into the blighted landscape. If I didn't notice it lunge for a bug, I would have missed it.

No comments: