Thursday

Goodbye Anetheron

So, I finally did it. I left Anetheron.

The decision was not easy, but it was inevitable.

For those of you who calls that realm home, it is a low population server where everyone pretty much everyone knows everyone. I had some good times questing with friends and we'd do crazy things like run naked through lava or have hilarious trade chat banter.

But even the friendship and the good times cannot prevent the slow decline in population. The raiding is difficult, and filling up empty spots in raids is often met without success. Usually server reset is a great opportunity to raid. Well imagine this: Tuesday night at 8pm on trade chat asking for a single dps and getting no one.

That was my raid night.

I have seen friends transfer servers one by one. Each time I said goodbye to them as they left, it was always bittersweet and tinged with regret.  I have also seen friends just silently leave or no longer log on, and there was always the question of "will I ever see them again?".

And now I'm one of them.

I still have my alts on Anetheron; and thanks to cross realm, I can still hang out with my friends. But cross realm can also be blamed for this steady decline. Why transfer or join this server when you can cross realm to do something with a friend? 

But most painful of all is the death of guilds. As people leave, it is hard to fill those empty spots. This is what happened to us. If one or two people don't show up for raid, we don't raid. We can't find someone to take their space, and soon the players we do have get absorbed into other groups until we are left wondering what will happen or what to do next.

The uncertainty and the frustration all resulted in this difficult and final decision. And so it is with a heavy heart that Lkpriest says farewell to Anetheron. Thank you for the good times.

2 comments:

Jen said...

:( /hugs Hope you have lots of fun on Mal'ganis! /wave

Lkpriest said...

Thanks! I am.. I did a goodbye video as well :)