Saturday

Now 80... and how I got here quickly

So, I've been 80 for a few months now. Things have changed quite a bit since then. Dual Specs, new raid, different spells, and a revamped talent tree.. As a result, I'm a better raid healer, but can also switch to formidable DPS if need be. And don't worry, I'll write about all of these.

Despite popular notions of leveling to 80 as shadow spec, I remained holy and reached my goal quickly. I have leveled on holy spec before without much problem, and I have done so again. It's all about making the most of your spells.

First of all, I had a decent PvE spell rotation: HF > DP > SW:P > Smite > Shoot. My DoTs did most of the work, and wand did the rest. I also made the most with my talent tree by utilizing the Holy Fire and Smite. If I wanted to dps something down quickly, I just spammed smite a few more times. After all, I had some bonuses to holy spells.

When I was not mucking about doing quests, I was doing instances. As a healer, I was certainly valuable, and didn't have much trouble finding a group. While leveling to 70 in Outlands, the Auchindoun instances were a definite help. The quests gave me gear and extra experience on top of what I received doing the instance. Many of the quests are chain quests, so be sure to look up what you need to do first before taking on the instance.

As soon as I reached level 68, I headed to Northrend. I did a lot of quests in Howling Fjord and Borean Tundra. Many of these also led me to dungeon quests, which also granted me extra experience and loot. If you want to concentrate on one area though, stick with Borean Tundra. The quest rewards from some of the Nexus quests is a great upgrade!

If you are concerned with how to deal with these Northrend instances, I'll also give tips on these in the future.

No comments: