Tuesday

Level 48 Head Armor: Difficult Choices

The Dreamweave Circlet is perhaps one of the best head armor for 40s. Intellect, Spirit, and Spell Power make it a prime choice for priests. If you are a tailor, like me, then perhaps you created one for yourself. The recipe calls for some difficult mats, but with careful farming and perhaps some raids in Maraudon, you can have this fabulous head item.

Now, if you have been doing a lot of Maraudon raids, then you may come across the Eye of Theradras. I went on a guild run, and was the only cloth wearer, so I naturally had dibs on it. I waited a level to wear it, but when it came time to change my head gear, I got to take a good look at the stats.

Unlike the Dreamweave Circlet, the Eye of Theradras gives stamina and more intellect. Certainly a tempting choice for any caster who depends on a nice mana pool and the ability to live longer. However, the Dreamweave Circlet provides more spirit (combined with the Holy and Discipline talent trees, make it a perfect choice for heals and dps). Changing them out, I did notice an 8% increase in health, 7% increase in mana, 2 more points of mana regen, and a 0.2% increase in spell criticals. However, I lose 21 points in bonus dmg and heals.

So here is the verdict: Dreamweave Circlet heals faster and kills faster, but you will last longer with the Eye of Theradras. I will probably use the Dreamweave Circlet for raids, and then level with the Eye of Theradras. The Eye also grants a little more armor, and the stamina will help greatly especially if I'm alone.

No comments: