Wednesday

Old vs New: Zulian Tiger Mount meets Panther Mount


L-R: Aiboh on Swift Zulian Panther Mount and Lkpriest on Swift Zulian Tiger Mount

So I was just about to head to bed when I spotted the new Panther Mount from Zul'Gurub (ZG) in Orgrimmar! A week into Patch 4.1 and the Panther Mount has dropped for lucky player Aiboh from the guild "Ancient Lords of Chaos". This is my first real personal sighting that I was able to get an SS for proof.  The Swift Zulian Panther drops from High Priestess Kilnara, aka the panther boss.

When a bystander asks how he got such a mount, the Twilight Vanquisher muses, "It dropped, and I got lucky." Well said. Of course, I want a Panther Mount to match my Panther Cub pet. You can see my video blog about the new WoW Pets by clicking here.

As for me and my Zulian Tiger Mount, I got mine on the final day of ZG, before The Shattering. After month after month of farming, I was ecstatic when it dropped during that fateful final run when it seemed all hope of obtaining one was lost. And though he wanted it badly, Lastknight passed it to me. /melt.

The popularity of big cat mounts is especially high for members of the Horde Faction. Alliance has the Nelf mounts, so seeing an alliance player astride a sabre mount is not a big deal. Perhaps they will covet the new raptor mount instead? Well, if I see an Alliance on a raptor, I'll be sure to SS it.. or it didn't happen!

No comments: