Wednesday

Drag 'Em Down - Twilight Highlands Quest

Get on your mount, hover, and hook
 Finally! The Twilight Highlands and level 84. Most quests were fairly straight forward and easy, but the quest "Drag 'Em Down" was frustrating at first (at least for me).

This particular quest has you dragging gryphons down with a hook. The terrain is uneven and filled with water. The difficult part was selecting the gryphons and managing to get them to come down. They fly erratically and the hooks don't always catch. Worse, if you are running along you might find it difficult to keep sight and range of them.
 
Success! I caught me a dwarf.
What did work for me was jumping on my flying mount and snagging them a little ways up in the air. I wasn't too high, almost hovering. I was then able to snag the gryphon and bring it down with ease. After that, you just dps the  Thundermar Gryphon Rider and you're done. I didn't bother with tabbing through mobs because you are surrounded by other mobs, and once you do get your gryphon rider, it is too far away. Someone else also suggested to me that running toward the gryphon and clicking the hook helps, but I think that was just sheer luck; that technique didn't work for me.

I hope this saves you some time and a whole lot of frustration. Good luck and happy questing!

No comments: