Saturday

Obtaining the Unborn Val'kyr Pet

Unborn Val'kyr pet
So, I made it my mission to get an Unborn Val'kyr pet and it took me a while to get it, but I did!!This was how:

Addon I Used: TomTom
What Worked: Combination of TomTom and Macros
Helpful Link: WOWHEAD coordinates and tips
Uploading waypoint macros

 Macro Coordinates (C/P'd from above link comments by Alisonder)

Macro 1
/way Icecrown 47.9, 86.6
/way Icecrown 73.8, 64.5
/way Icecrown 43, 33

/way Storm Peaks 42.5, 78.5
/way Storm Peaks 65, 41
/way Storm Peaks 29.0, 50.0

/way Borean Tundra 48, 8
/way Borean Tundra 80, 48
/way Borean Tundra 32.7, 60.1

Macro 2
/way Sholazar Basin 58.5, 22.0
/way Sholazar Basin 44.47, 69.59
/way Sholazar Basin 36.8, 19.4

/way Zul'Drak 57.0, 39.8
/way Zul'Drak 75, 22
/way Zul'Drak 24.3, 63.7

/way Dragonblight 82, 66
/way Dragonblight 26.9, 54.1
/way Dragonblight 64.4, 43.7

Macro 3
/way Grizzly Hills 61, 18
/way Grizzly Hills 79.60, 50.79
/way Grizzly Hills 26, 57

/way Howling Fjord 71.91, 43.39
/way Howling Fjord 45, 43
/way Howling Fjord 68.10, 67.63


Uploaded waypoints on my map using my TomTom and above macros.

Helpful Macro for Locating Unborn Val'kyr:

/cleartarget
/tar Unborn Val'kyr
/stopmacro [noexists]
/script PlaySound("RaidWarning")
/run RaidNotice_AddMessage(RaidBossEmoteFrame,"Unborn Val'kyr!", ChatTypeInfo["RAID_WARNING"])

I flew from one way point to the other and used the macro above at each point. Note that the Unborn Val'kyr will sometimes not show up on your mini map, so the macro really helped me out! 

What did not work:

  • Flying around without anything
  • Having alts at spawn points and cycling through them (spent half the day doing this).
Unborn Val'kyr in my pet journal

About the Pet I Captured

The pet I got was poor quality, but I will wait for a battle stone to upgrade it rather than farming for a rare. This pet is difficult enough to find as it is!

It took me about 2 days to find it. 
In my PvP Gear at the Icecrown Citadel with my Unborn Val'kyr

Initial Observations

Great against humanoids but I will not battle her until I have her at rare. So for now, I will just have her out for show. She flies around as well, so even if you are on your fly mount, she will follow along with you. I have yet to see her resurrect a dead critter, but apparently she does. 

I hope this post helps! Good luck hunting and...

Happy Gaming! ^.^ 

No comments: