Monday

Watch Your Spell Rank in Shadowform

I wondered why my dps in shadow wasn't quite up to par. I was hit capped, and SP is pretty nice.. though I could always use more crit rating.. but my single target dps was blah. A fellow guild priest went shadow to see where their dps is in relation to some new Ulduar gear we picked up. He also noticed his dps wasn't too good, especially when his Mind Blast only did 500 spell damage!

Problem was, it was at rank 1.

In Shadowform, it didn't automatically update to latest ranking. I looked through my spell bar, and sure enough.. Vampire Touch (Rank 1)! So perhaps you may have levelled up on Shadow or use shadow as your off-spec and don't pay much attention to it... check to ensure that your spells are at the latest rank in Shadowform task bar. You could be cheating yourself out of some serious dps.

No comments: