Saturday

Be Raptor Quest Problems? Try this.



For general quest completion questions, I found this youtube video to help you get through the different areas using the various abilities you pick up during the quest. But, if you are like me, you probably ran into a few problems just getting it started... this is my experience. 

The Problem
Okay, so after several attempts, I couldn't even start the Be Raptor quest. I spoke with Priestess Hu'rala to start the mind control portion to become a Captured Lashtail Hatchling, but for the next hour I went through quest hell. First of all, I wouldn't be able to speak with the first raptor (despite interact bubble), nor do I alarm any of the NPCs, and going through the instance to escape, there are no other raptors. In fact, I ran out of Zul'Gurub without incident, and without completion.

Success! I was finally able to do my quest!

This is What I Did
Removing WTF and Cache folders didn't fix it. Leave vehicle function didn't work. Interact with Target also doesn't work. One forum suggestion was to change dungeon difficulty to normal 5 man. It didn't work, and after yet another relog, I finally Reset All Instances, and set it to Normal 5 Man Dungeon Difficulty... and it worked!

If you don't know how to do this, just r-click your portrait, go to Dungeon Difficulty, make sure it is not set on 5 man heroic, and then select Reset All Instances. To be safe, I also made sure I was out of shadowform and not on a mount, though I think that has nothing to do with it.

Once you can actually start the quest and go through it properly, it's actually quite fun. If you run into difficulties with skull placement, torching tikis, or which paths to take, check out the video I embedded. It really helps! Now go get your Lashtail Hatchling WoW Vanity Pet from ZG!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make the last bridge look easy! I've been stuck on it for a half hour!