Monday

My Thoughts on WoW Gold Farmers

This is what I got in my youtube message:
Hi.

I have to present an article for a graduate class, and it presents people that are against Gold Farmers as racist. In fact it actually uses the term "hate crime" when it comes to player's negative opinions of gold farmers.

I am looking to gather opinions from WOW players about this situation. Basically I would like to ask your opinion about things. How do you feel about commercial gold farmers, or to say people (of bots) that gather gold to resell in the open market?

This was my response:
I don't mind if someone farms materials by legally authorized in-game means. If a person puts in the time and the effort on their own, then sells those items on the auctions house or trade chat in bulk prices, then more power to them. People use derogatory terms like gold farmer because of plunging prices in the market place. But most times, the extremely low prices of materials on the AH is believed to be farmed by illegal means. This is because someone who truly values their time would not devalue it in order to turn over gold quickly.

That being said, people who use bot programs to manipulate and cheat within the game not only ruins the economy, but make it difficult for other players who play fairly to keep up. There must be some integrity in business, otherwise, it would just ruin the fun for everyone.

I made a video on Farming Bots and Gather Ninjas (which I'll attach). I made it after spending a few days farming and having farming bots steal nodes as they appear and disappear at each node with lightning speed. I've also fought off mobs protecting nodes and had low level gatherers come in and steal the node I was trying to access. It is frustrating.

Despite my resentments, I try to treat everyone (regardless of faction) with some respect. I will not gank a fellow farmer, I will not steal a node out from under someone, and I will not skin an animal until I'm sure the person killing those animals are not a skinner. I do this because I believe that by setting a good example, everyone can have a better game experience.

I hope this helps out with your report.

And this is my video:

No comments: