Tuesday

UI Makeover Pt. 1



If you've been keeping up with my blog and seen a few of my raid encounter videos, you may have noticed my UI. Granted, it is a bit more visible than the standard World of Warcraft UI, but it still looks chaotic and disorganized.

So I talked with Tidus, one of my guildmates, and he showed me his UI and how he customized. I liked the organized look of it, and decided to do the same. Some of the AddOns I use are:
  • KGpanels
  • Dominos
  • Button Facade
  • Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
  • Tip Tac
  • SexyMap
  • Healbot Continued
  • ArkInventory
kgPanels is a little complicated to configure, so I looked at video tutorials on youtube. The tutorials by cychow has really helped me to better understand configuration, and I was able to customize my panels with ease. Now, if you want to add custom artwork textures, you need to create these in Photoshop or get an art pack. I used Vivien Art Pack for kgPanels.

In my video, I don't go much into installing your textures. So I'll discuss it here:
  1. Save your artwork in a separate folder in addons, do not put it in kgPanels. You can name it kgart if you want or whatev. 
  2. Type" /kgpanels config " to bring up your kgpanels interface. 
  3. Go to Art Library, and write the path to the artwork you want kgpanels to point to. For example: //interface/addons/kgart/priestart/dark_center_dark.tga   (Notice that I used "//" in front of interface, and tga is the type of artwork texture file I want Kgpanels to display). 
  4. Select which Layout you want it to display under, this is so you don't mix up your priest textures with your warrior textures etc. 
  5. You can find your textures and select them in the Texture Options menu under Active Panels > NameOfYourPanel
I'll be going more into my UI makeover.. hopefully in time for my raid! Thanks for visiting!! Subscribe to my youtube channel to see my Favorites and Videos.

No comments: